- 22-Jul-2014 to 20-Aug-2014 (PST)
- Tech Center
- Sacramento, CA, USA
Summary of Position:
Under the general supervision of the Program Manager, the On-Call Job provides both on-site and off-site support services to clients at their place of employment as directed by the Employment Specialist (ES) or the Job Developer (JD). Responsibilities include training a client using structured intervention techniques to help the client learn to perform job tasks to the potential employer's specifications and to learn the interpersonal skills necessary to be accepted as a worker at the job site and in related community contacts. In addition to job-site training, job coaching includes related assessment, job development, counseling, advocacy, travel training and other services needed to maintain the employment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Explain job duties and assignment into specific steps to facilitate recipient's learning.
• Instruct recipient on task completion until desired level of performance is achieved.
• Monitor recipient's level of functioning including determining when the recipient is capable of performing the job independently.
• Assist recipients in developing skills to interpret work environment, participate in social interactions and build appropriate professional relationships.
• Identify and implement work accommodations for changes in job structure under the direction of the Employment Specialist or Job Developer.
• Monitor quality of recipient's work performance to ensure it adheres to industry standards.
• Perform time studies to ensure job tasks are completed within acceptable time frames.
• Implement behavior management techniques as appropriate.
• Serve as liaison between employee and employer and facilitate appropriate worker to supervisor relationship.
• Complete destination training as appropriate to facilitate utilization of public transportation system.
• Maintain accurate records of Job Coaching Services provided to each recipient.
• Document and recommend to the Employment Specialist any action necessary to overcome employment barriers.
• Two year degree in Social Services preferred or equivalent experience.
• Work irregular schedule as needed.
• Travel to various employment sites in Sacramento County.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated ability to teach effectively using various instruction methods that best suit the clients learning style.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to work with little supervision.
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use good judgment.
• General knowledge of business operations and special concerns of employers.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license and vehicle insurance adequate to the demands of the agency's carrier or access to reliable transportation.
- Verification of citizenship or eligibility to work in the United States as outlined under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Upon offer of employment, successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
While performing this job, the employee is required to sit often and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard, The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel, or squat, and drive on occasion. The employee is frequently required to view a computer screen. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the On Call Job Coach position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the On Call Job Coach position by contacting the supervisor or Human Resources.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilites. Affirmation Action Employer
Participant of E-Verify Program
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings