- 09-Sep-2013 to 28-Jan-2014 (PST)
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
Under the direct supervision of the Lead Janitor or Project Manager, this employee performs all Janitorial duties as directed to ensure a clean and safe building as well as a professional appearance. This employee is responsible for meeting his/her daily schedule and performing tasks in a professional manner. The Janitor performs these duties at one or more designated contract sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Thoroughly clean restroom surfaces, including but not limited to, toilets, counters, mirrors.
2. Sweeping and wet mopping floors.
3. Vacuuming and spot cleaning carpets.
4. Washing walls and windows.
5. Hi and low dusting/polishing and cleaning light fixtures/blinds and ceilings that may require utilizing a ladder.
6. Utility work as directed by Manager including, but not limited to moving furniture, assisting in loading, unloading and distribution of supplies, servicing of lobbies and high public use areas, servicing complaints and performing special cleaning.
7. Trash pickup and removal, recycle.
8. Locking building doors.
9. Operating powered equipment typically used in janitorial operations, including but not limited to vacuums.
10. Complete daily cleaning assignments as assigned.
11. Notify Project Manager of inventory needs to maintain supply and inventory.
12. Adhere to site work schedules.
13. Attend safety meetings and other meetings as required.
14. Comply with all company safety policies; report unsafe conditions/accidents to Project Manager immediately.
15. Report out-of-order equipment and/or fixtures in the building to Project Manager upon discovery.
16. Perform preventative maintenance on equipment. Wipe down equipment after use.
17. Keep Janitor closets clean and orderly.
18. Restocking supplies in service areas.
19. Perform other duties as directed by your supervisor/manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. No experience necessary. Will train. 2. Must be able to take direction and work as a member of a team.
4. Treat all building occupants with courtesy and respect at all times.
5. Follow all label instructions on chemical materials and operating instructions for powered equipment.
6. Complete and submit accurate time sheets.
7. Work adjusted schedules and/or overtime as needed.
8. Ability to perform tasks in a safe manner.
9. Ability to meet productivity standards, organize and complete work in a timely manner and adhere to cleaning schedule
10. Ability to work with the public
11. Ability to use the elevator
1. Upon offer of employment, successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and ongoing criminal background check.
2. Must be able to verify to work in the United States as outlined under Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions by contacting the manager or Human Resources.
1. Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat and reach overhead repeatedly
2. Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs frequently.
3. Ability to carry equipment up and down stairs
4. Ability to operate powered equipment normally found in janitorial operations
5. Ability to climb stairs and ladders
6. Be able to lift, push and pull materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working inside and the noise level is moderate. Employee may be exposed to cold and hot temperatures.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings